Virtual Discovery Trip ~ Sept. 17th, 19th, 21st
Come see us in Zhytomyr – virtually!
If you’ve dreamed about visiting Last Bell in Ukraine, now is your chance! On this virtual Discovery Trip, we’ll visit our Day Center and Shelter, chat with orphanage graduates, and tour historical Zhytomyr. We’ll focus on the Restoration Project as we raise funds to restore orphans’ homes.
So make a cup of tea and a plate of Ukrainian sandwiches*, and join us for ANY OR ALL of these short, free Zoom sessions:
Thursday September 17th 7:30 PM (brief intro)
Saturday September 19th 11:15 ~ 11:45 ~ 12:15
Monday September 21st 10:30 ~ 11:00 ~ 11:30
(all times EDT)
There will be breaks between sessions. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Tours of homes that have been restored, and homes that still need restoration
- Casual visits with our staff and youth at the Day Center and Shelter
- Q&As with current and future orphan beneficiaries of home restoration
- Seeing the sights in historical Zhytomyr
- A conversation with Andrey and Megan about our needs to complete renovations
We’d love to see all our friends, whether you can donate or not. We’ll send the Zoom link to our whole mailing list, but if you RSVP by September 10th and include your address, you’ll receive a colorful itinerary in your mailbox.
See you soon!
*Ukrainian-style tea is black with lots of sugar available, served with assorted cookies or sandwiches. Ukrainian sandwiches, called kanapky, are open-faced, often rye spread with butter or mayonnaise and topped with thin slices of sausage, cucumber, tomato, or all three.